Ready to watch this entire course?
Join KelbyOne and access all of our video courses.
About CoursePhotoshop is an invaluable tool for all Lightroom users, and in this class Scott Kelby teaches you the most important Photoshop techniques you’ll need to know to get the most out of it. Starting off with the basics of moving between Lightroom and Photoshop, Scott moves on to covering the fundamentals of working with selections and layers, and then builds up from there using various projects to demonstrate how it all comes together. Through the class you’ll learn how to remove distractions, how to blend layers with layer masks, how to work with high contrast images, the fundamentals of portrait retouching, how to get started with compositing, and how to deal with all kinds of problems you might encounter in your photographs. By the end of the class you’ll realize that Photoshop is not that hard when you focus on just the techniques you can’t do inside of Lightroom.
- Lesson 1: Introduction 02:22
- Lesson 2: Moving Between Lightroom and Photoshop 09:43
- Lesson 3: Removing Distractions: Part 1 11:59
- Lesson 4: Removing Distractions: Part 2 07:59
- Lesson 5: Basic Selection Tools 15:21
- Lesson 6: Understanding Layers 16:28
- Lesson 7: Layer and Selection Project 15:07
- Lesson 8: Layer Masking 11:51
- Lesson 9: Applying Effects to Layers 08:16
- Lesson 10: Working with High Contrast Images 06:31
- Lesson 11: Dealing with Problems 11:51
- Lesson 12: Basic Portrait Retouching 12:22
- Lesson 13: Simple Compositing 12:52
- Lesson 14: Special Effects 16:20
No course objectives yet
No materials available for this course
Scott is the President and CEO of KelbyOne, is also the original "Photoshop Guy", is the editor and publisher of Photoshop User Magazine, Conference Technical Chair for the Photoshop World Conference & Expo, Training Director and instructor for KelbyOne Live Seminars, and author of a string of bestselling technology and photography books.