About CourseIn this class, Scott gets you up and running fast on creating realistic composite images (where you put your subject on a different background or different environment than they were photographed on), and he takes you through a host of techniques that cover the “Holy Grail” of compositing, which is masking hair and keeping lots of detail intact. He covers a number of different techniques, including using channels and blend mode tricks for easy masking. You’ll learn how to match tone and color and finishing moves that pull it all together. It’s a really solid introduction into the art of masking and compositing and the essential techniques you need to know from the start.
- Lesson 1: Introduction 06:21
- Lesson 2: Simple Lighting Setup 08:37
- Lesson 3: Backgrounds 05:16
- Lesson 4: Masking Hair Trick 09:36
- Lesson 5: Masking with Channels 09:15
- Lesson 6: Portrait Technique 08:38
- Lesson 7: Selecting a Subject: Part 1 22:37
- Lesson 8: Selecting a Subject: Part 2 06:17
- Lesson 9: Dealing with Fringe 17:32
- Lesson 10: Matching Tone and Color 11:14
- Lesson 11: Unifying the Image 05:28
No course objectives yet
Scott is the President and CEO of KelbyOne, is also the original "Photoshop Guy", is the editor and publisher of Photoshop User Magazine, Conference Technical Chair for the Photoshop World Conference, Training Director and instructor for KelbyOne Live Seminars, and author of a string of bestselling technology and photography books.