About CourseJoin Scott Kelby and learn how to design with type. Calling all non-designers who have the need to create slideshows, photo books, watermarks, and other items that may require type. In this class Scott will share tips and tricks that will make your layout more impactful, show you some of the cool type features in Photoshop, teach you what NOT to do with type, and walk you through a series of in-depth type layouts that you can use with confidence in your projects. At the end, Scott wraps up the class with a look at some of his favorite and most useful fonts and where to find them.
- Lesson 1: Introduction 02:50
- Lesson 2: The Glyphs Panel 15:47
- Lesson 3: Selection Trick 07:36
- Lesson 4: Type Recipe: Stacking 12:46
- Lesson 5: Type Recipe: Contrast 07:55
- Lesson 6: Type Recipe: Varying Font Weights 04:33
- Lesson 7: Type Recipe: Elegance 08:14
- Lesson 8: Type Recipe: Lowercase Uppercase 13:13
- Lesson 9: Putting it All Together 08:25
- Lesson 10: Useful Fonts 09:57
No course objectives yet
No materials available for this course
Scott is the President and CEO of KelbyOne, is also the original "Photoshop Guy", is the editor and publisher of Photoshop User Magazine, Conference Technical Chair for the Photoshop World Conference, Training Director and instructor for KelbyOne Live Seminars, and author of a string of bestselling technology and photography books.