About CourseJoin Larry Becker for a class designed to give you a firm understanding of lens characteristics, capabilities, technologies, and key terms. Lens manufacturing has advanced at a rapid rate, and it is important to stay up to date with the advantages newer lenses have over those in the past. Larry takes you through the variety of lens mounts, aperture settings, focusing concerns, image stabilization, and cutting edge lens technologies that will make you a better lens consumer. Larry wraps up the class with a closer look at a few popular lens configurations currently available.
- Lesson 1: What to Expect 04:46
- Lesson 2: Broad Lens Categories 05:36
- Lesson 3: Lens Mounts 09:49
- Lesson 4: Aperture Settings 06:47
- Lesson 5: Focusing Concerns 04:28
- Lesson 6: Image Stabilization 05:28
- Lesson 7: Filters and Adapters 08:11
- Lesson 8: Lens Coatings 03:37
- Lesson 9: Zoom Lens: 70 - 200 06:57
- Lesson 10: Zoom Lens: 150 - 600 03:35
- Lesson 11: Prime Lenses 07:22
- Lesson 12: Conclusion 02:13
No course objectives yet
No materials available for this course
For more than 25 years, Larry has been simplifying technology and helping people understand it through books, magazine articles, DVDs, online videos, and live training. Larry has been seen by millions of viewers worldwide on web TV shows like DTownTV and Photoshop User TV, but he’s most widely known for his work as a trainer and gear reviewer for B&H Photo. Larry’s technology training landed him on national TV with Leo LaPorte, on training DVDs in the packages with Sony PDAs, and sharing a stage with Buzz Aldren while representing Palm, Inc. at the giant tech trade shows in Las Vegas. His client list also includes Pepsi, GE, Lawrence Livermore National Labs, and the National Association of Realtors.