About CourseLearn all about focusing with Larry Becker! You’ll hit the ground running in this class, as Larry starts off with some basic concepts and terminology before digging deeper into everything related to focus techniques, tips, and best practices. Beginners and experienced users alike can benefit from learning how to take advantage what your camera (regardless of manufacturer) has to offer to help you get super sharp photos in all kinds of situations and subject matter. You’ll learn how to set the diopter for your vision, how to control depth of field, the differences in focusing when using the viewfinder versus live view, the benefits of back button focusing, and so much more!
- Lesson 1: Basic Concepts and Terminology 10:19
- Lesson 2: Depth of Field 03:43
- Lesson 3: Focus Points 05:53
- Lesson 4: Camera Model Differences 09:33
- Lesson 5: Viewfinder vs. LCD Focusing 06:23
- Lesson 6: Focus System Limitations 03:57
- Lesson 7: Getting Sharper Focus 04:29
- Lesson 8: Back Button Focusing 03:45
- Lesson 9: Manual Focus 04:22
- Lesson 10: Focus Techniques 10:58
- Lesson 11: Improve Focus Technique 00:58
- Lesson 12: Low Light Focusing 03:50
No course objectives yet
No materials available for this course
For more than 25 years, Larry has been simplifying technology and helping people understand it through books, magazine articles, DVDs, online videos, and live training. Larry has been seen by millions of viewers worldwide on web TV shows like DTownTV and Photoshop User TV, but he’s most widely known for his work as a trainer and gear reviewer for B&H Photo. Larry’s technology training landed him on national TV with Leo LaPorte, on training DVDs in the packages with Sony PDAs, and sharing a stage with Buzz Aldren while representing Palm, Inc. at the giant tech trade shows in Las Vegas. His client list also includes Pepsi, GE, Lawrence Livermore National Labs, and the National Association of Realtors.